Snake Removal: Columbia SC
South Carolina has a variety of snakes that can be found near wetlands, out in the country or even in the city.
Snakes can be diurnal (active during daytime), nocturnal ( active at night) or crepuscular (active during twilight period). But most snakes are active during night as their food sources are nocturnal. Snakes take advantage of clouds at night that offer cover while hunting and insulate the ground making it warmer for them to traverse. Even during daylight hours, the weather can be a factor to a snakes activity. Snakes are generally not too active with cooler temperatures, however high humidity levels do not seem to bother them.
Typically we find that many snakes of South Carolina enter homes through tiny openings and loose cracks. We highly advise staying clear of any snakes found in and around your home and to refrain from touching, poking at or attempting to handle them. One major part of Wild Thingz Wildlife Removal services in Columbia SC is snake trapping and removal. We have experienced snake trappers who safely remove snakes and perform repairs to block snakes from further entry into your home or buildings.
Additional snakes located throughout South Carolina:
- Black Swampsnake (Liodytes pygaea)
- Common Garter Snake
- Eastern Hognose Snake (Heterodon platirhinos)
- Eastern Ribbon Snake (Thamnophis sauritus)
- Eastern Wormsnake (Carphophis amoenus)
- Glossy Crayfish Snake (Liodytes rigida)
- Indigo Snake (genus Drymarchon)
- Mole Kingsnake or Yellow Bellied Kingsnake (Lampropeltis calligaster)
- Mud Snake
- Northern Red Bellied Snake
- Pinesnake (Pituophis melanoleucus)
- Pine Woods Snake (Rhadinaea flavilata)
- Pygmy Rattlesnake (Sistrurus miliarius)
- Queen Snake (Regina septemvittata)
- Rainbow Snake
- Ring Necked Snake (Diadophis punctatus)
- Rough Earthsnake (Haldea striatula)
- Rough Greensnake (Opheodrys aestivus)
- Scarlet Kingsnake (Lampropeltis elapsoides)
- Smooth Earthsnakes (Virginia valeriae)
- Southeastern Crowned Snake (Tantilla coronata)
- Southern Hognose Snake (Heterodon simus)
- Water Moccasin (Agkistrodon piscivorus)
Our broad range of top-quality wildlife removal services ensures the safety of not only your home, but also the removed animal(s). We take pride in the ethical treatment of all of vacated snakes and ensure protection and restoration of your home. Each one of our snake removal Columbia SC services comes with a lifetime guarantee for your complete satisfaction.
Snake Removal in Columbia SC
Being cold-blooded, snakes metabolism depends upon the environment. Snakes cannot move as quickly or be able to hunt as well when temperatures are cold. Snakes can be nocturnal when temperatures are high and the particular species are in search of prey. To keep your family and dwelling safe from potential snake intrusions, call for our snake removal near Columbia SC, in the Midlands and surrounding areas.
Our professionals will arrive and provide you with a thorough examination of your home listing all of your current intrusion areas and service needs. Our Columbia snake removal and decontamination is comprehensive and thorough, so you can get back to enjoying a pest-free life with peace of mind.