Whether you like snakes or you’re deadly afraid of them, you most likely don’t want them entering your home or yard—especially if you have children and pets.
While most snakes are not venomous and bites are relatively rare, there are 4 snakes common in South Carolina that are venomous, and 3 out of those 4 are deadly enough to kill a human.
Harlequin Coral Snake (Micrurus fulvius)
Highly venomous—feeds on lizards, frogs, and smaller snakes—typically secretive and docile but full envenomation (secretion of venom during a bite) is enough to kill 5 adults.
Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake (Crotalus adamanteus)
One of the most dangerous rattlesnakes in the Americas—shelters in tunnels and holes, emerging in the early morning or afternoon—disposition varies (some will approach silently while others rattle furiously from 20-30 ft away).
Timber Rattlesnake (Crotalus horridus)
Although typically shy and docile, this creature’s abnormally long fangs and high venom yield make it one of the most potentially lethal snakes in North America.
Copperhead (Agkistrodon contortix)
While venomous, these snakes are generally docile and bites are rarely fatal—they typically “freeze” when frightened—most bites happen because people unwittingly get too close to them.
Do not, under any circumstances, poke, annoy, or try to handle these snakes—leave these venomous predators to the Columbia snake removal experts.
There are of course many other snakes in Columbia, most of which are essentially harmless in terms of venom but still present problems like disease, parasites, skin infections, stealing chicken eggs, and terrifying your pets and children.
We’ll take care of ’em so you don’t have to.
Problems With DIY Snake Removal
- There is a high chance of getting bitten or contracting disease.
- You may not know what you’re looking for—there are clear signs of snake infestations that don’t involve actually seeing the snakes themselves, so you can miss a lot of clues as to where they are and where they’re coming from.
- It’s not just about getting snakes out, but keeping them out—this means removing food sources, sealing up areas in your home (both inside and out), setting up copper mesh, and a host of other chores.
That’s A Lot Of Work, But It’s Our Full-Time Job—Backed With A Lifetime Guarantee
Here’s what’s involved in our Colubmia snake removal:
- Identifying food sources and other factors that contribute to snakes invading your home or building;
- Finding all of the loose cracks, openings, damaged areas, and other places where snakes can get in and sealing them up;
- Collecting all snakes in your home/building and removing them (we do this ethically, relocating them far from your home); and finally,
- Repairing any damage they may have caused.
If You Have Snakes, We’ll Get Rid Of ‘Em—And Keep ‘Em Out! Fill Out The Form Below And We’ll Be In Touch
Columbia snake removal, like all wildlife removal, is something best left to the professionals—not only for your own safety, but for the efficiency of the job itself.
Don’t waste your time and hard-earned money for a temporary solution to a chronic and invasive problem, risking disease and, at worst, a venomous bite that could land you in the hospital or an early grave.
We’ll take care of it so you don’t have to.